Finding the best Removals Company in the market filled with fierce competition could be daunting. It can be quite problematic especially when you know that you do not have the capacity to do extensive research and interview all the companies that are available. What you want is a removals company who are professional, trustworthy and reliable. You will be tasking them with taking care of your items. This means that if you choose the wrong company, you will probably end up with broken items or worse.
We have heard our fair share of Removals nightmares that we know already which factors to look for so you can ensure that you do not end up with a hellish experience. Moving homes or office can be quite stressful. There is no need for you to add up to that stress by dealing with a problematic company. You should look for professionals and experienced movers that will pack your valuables and belongings in a quick and efficient manner.
When moving, you also have to take into consideration that they will be handling your expensive items ie. fine china, furniture, etc. Having a great Removals company will also be beneficial as they can hook you up with self-storage facilities that can make the entire moving process convenient for you. Professional Removals companies will also have specialists that are experts in packing your stuff and moving them which will make everything efficient.
Here are some tips on how to find the right Removals company for you.
- Check the Internet and use the appropriate keywords to find the best Removals company in your area
- Once you have a list of potential companies, check out the experiences of each company. When it comes to experience, the longer the better.
- Check out if the Removals company are partnered with self storage or other storage facilities. Companies like this are indicative that they know a lot about moving.
- Inquire how they would be handling your furniture, valuables, and all your other materials. This will guarantee that you will be in safe hands.
- Only sign with a Removals company if they have insurance. You can’t avoid accidents from happening
- Go to their office before the moving day. It would be best for you to meet the point person, the driver, and the other men that will do the moving for you. This ensures that you are not going to be moving with complete strangers
- Double check the terms and conditions of your contract and clarify some unclear terms
- If you’re going to get a storage facility, do an ocular visit before so you can be sure that it is appropriate
Before the removals men arrive, here are some things that you should do first:
- Create a master list of all the items that you will have the Removals company bring. It would also be more prudent to take pictures of the more valuable items like your furniture. This would also help you with insurance claims if something unfortunate happens. This would also help you if you are missing items at y our new place
- Label all the boxes and packages properly to prevent any sort of confusion and mishandling
- Keep all of your important documents like your passport, bank statements, etc. with you. Jewellery should also be handled personally. As a rule of thumb, if you can’t risk losing them, bring them with you
- Before you finally leave your house, make sure that it is entirely empty. Check every room, wardrobe, cupboard, and closet to guarantee that you do not have items that you have left.